Sunday, March 23, 2014

bringing a room into spring

Hey imaginairy friends!,
I would apologize for being absent lately but y'all don't exist! So since the official start of spring was only a little while ago I have started to decorate my families living room for spring with stuff from past years. The theme for the living room is "Cottage by the Sea" so with that in mind I got to work.

 Above you can observe the room pre-mild-makover! (cat and  all)
The materials I used (most of them)
so to start of I decided that something must be done about the blaring red pillows but since we don't(at least not yet) have any sky blue pillows with brown wooden button ( I has Vision) I had to make do. I settled on having the bulk of the awfully christmas pillows facing away from the main entrance so that they were not as obvious. With the leftover red pillows I fashioned them into a cat throne because my darling cat will not settle for any dank cat beds. Next I moved on to the now painstakingly bare couch and added some brown pillows and a muted yellow throw to liven it up.Finely on the Coffee table I added a tray with a green cloth to bring it into spring. Here is the finished seating area.



(I only just realized I forgot to get a full view whoops!)

Next we move on the the mantel My favorite bit. I got rid of everything but the main painting and added three accent vases  one side. I added a small white ceramic teapot to that side along with some shells from the beach. To the other side i added a pot a flower shaped vase a ceramic pitcher and candle all of varying hights. I filled the pot with shells and topped it off with a starfish. To finish that side off I scattered shells along the base of it all. Heres how it turned out.


 After that I just made some small stations similar to that around the room!
And thats that for my half makeover I will update you if anything changes significantly bye!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment